Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon Breaks the Cheap Tablet Market!
Amazon has come out with a new tablet, for $50. This tablet features a 7-inch IPS display, with a resolution of 1024 x 600. Amazon is even selling these tablets in a pack of six for the price of five, at $250. The tablet comes with a 1.3 GHz processor, a front and back facing camera, and 8GB of storage. Amazon has also included a much appreciated SD card slot, so you can expand your storage if you want. Amazon not only came out with a new cheap tablet though, but also a new $100 Fire TV set-top box that supports 4k video. Amazon has also brought an upgrade to there original Fire TV Stick, both of which come with Amazon's new voice search assistant, Alexa. On top of that stuff, Amazon also released a $150 8-inch Fire HD, a $230 10-inch Fire HD, and a $100 Kids Edition tablet. All of Amazon's new tablets come with Fire OS 5, which is Amazons new version of their Fire operating system.

I think Amazon's new products are really cool, because unlike Apple or even Microsoft they don't charge you a premium for the devices. Amazon doesn't make money on the hardware that they are selling you, they profit in the long term from people who use the devices to buy Amazon content, apps, or physical products through Amazon's store. In my opinion though, you can't really complain that Amazon will be pushing their products at you considering how affordable their devices are.

Source: http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/17/technolo...e-devices/
It is a Amazon point of sale terminal ha ha. Which isn't a terrible thing but I don't want to be locked into a retailers website essentially. The price is pretty damn awesome though. I may get one for using out in the shop or shooting and stuff where it might get messy/dirty.
МОΛΏΝ ΛΑΒΈ
Yeah they're cheap, but they DO run Amazon Fire OS, so you can see why. Wink
It's funny how axe handles are made of wood.
It's like the ultimate 'Fuck you' to trees.
Yes, they have axes in Canada.
(09-27-2015, 06:09 PM)SCORCHIEKINS Wrote: Yeah they're cheap, but they DO run Amazon Fire OS, so you can see why. Wink

Fire OS isn't that bad, it basically just feels like Android.  The only downfall is that it's app market is lacking a bit.